April 10, 2021
Welcome to Berea Temple this Sabbath in April 2021 on Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook. God has blessed us to see the end of another week and today our minds should be giving God the Praise. As the Holy Spirit fills each one of us with God’s presence, let each of us stay faithful to our Savior.
- Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to share the service on Berea Temple Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Our Theme for 2021 is: “Trouble Won’t Last Forever”. The preaching topic for April is “Jesus Is Alive”.
- Ministries Development/Adult Ministries Training Workshop - will focus on “What Happens In Your Class?”. Please get Registered, if you aren't already, and join us at 4:00 pm. Find the meeting link on Allegheny East Conference Website.
- AYS is today at 6:15pm. Zoom Meeting ID: 602 014 2457
- Social Committee Game Night has been rescheduled for April 17, at 7:30pm Vesper and Social to follow. Come have fun in a Virtual Way.
- Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday at 7:00pm on Berea Temple Zoom.
- The Music Ministry Committee will meet the first Sabbath of every month.
- Men Ministries Meeting is every month on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at 9:00am.
- The second Tuesday of each month, the Elders will meet at 6:00pm. (Tuesday, April 13)
- Treasury/Finance Meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm. (Thursday, April 15)
- Church Board Meeting is Sunday, April 18, at 10:00am on Berea Temple Zoom.
- The Berea Temple has a Virtual Survey for you to fill out today and submit it right away to help the leaders to understand church re-opening and to gather information for our church directory. Each person is asked to complete this survey. Just go to the church website and click on the link and follow the prompts. When finished, push Submit.
- Tithes and Offering Receipts and your 2021 Church Calendars are available for pick up on Sundays from 9:00-11:00am. Also, you can pick up some tithe envelopes if needed.
- BJA Constituency Meeting is coming in May. Please pray for our school.
- The Thomas and Extended Family would like to say Thank You for the prayers, phone calls, food, cards, and monetary gifts in the passing of Pastor Duane Thomas. Your acts of love and kindness will be cherished and remembered.
- Continue to check out AEC Website for all their Announcements.
- Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
- ~Corinda Robins - Health challenges
- ~Clara, Carolyn, Pamela Davis - Health challenges and healing
- ~Elder Margaret Brown - Health challenges / surgery
- ~David and Janice Mayfield, Ross, and Johnson families for John Johnson Jr.
- ~Diane (Annie) Baker- Health Challenges
- ~Leonora Twesigye-Healing from surgery
- ~Deacon Alfred Whiting-Health Challenges
- ~Lillian Edwards-leg burn
- ~Vicki Miles - Healing from surgery, she is home.
- ~Kathy Sumpter son, Corwin Miller – Healing
- ~Kenny Brown Jr. - Health Challenges and Healing from surgery
- ~William Love - Health Challenges
- ~Armada Grant family for special prayer on behalf of her grandson and her son, Jason
- ~Raymond and Doretha Bennett-Health Challenges
- ~Theodore Sauls - Healing from Surgery
- ~Joyce Pearson - Health Challenges
- ~Dorothy Walker - in hospital now, and will transfer to Nursing Rehabilitation Center
- ~Saundra Washington and Alevia Nance - for their brother Jeffrey Welch Some challenges and Needs special prayer. Also, Jimmy Washington is in the hospital.
- ~Amber Stackhouse-Special Prayer for her and her family.
- ~Noakes Family in the passing of Sister Christine Noakes’ sister, Carolyn. Funeral Service is today.
- ~Richburg Family in the passing of Sister Richburg’s son, Millard. Funeral Service was this week.
- ~Norton Family in the passing of Deacon Robert Norton Jr.’s wife, Anita Norton. Funeral Service was this week.
- ~Becky Davenport (sister) and Enois Saunders (mother) for the passing of their son and brother, Anthony Goldsborough.
- ~Felicia Moton and Arias Turner in the passing of her nephew.
- Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
- Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember Debt Relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
- There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail In and Drop Off.
- Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Allegheny East Conference churches will remain closed until further notice by the AEC Administrators. They are working out ways of re-entering our churches. If you have health challenges, you may want to continue to use a device to view our services. All of the PPE Supplies have arrived. We are just waiting for the churches to open. Be patient. It is for our protection.
- BEREA TEMPLE WELCOME:
Covid-19 Vaccination Information (MARYLAND): Visit https://coronavirus.maryland.
gov/pages/vaccine for information regarding eligibility and vaccine resources.
WORSHIP through Giving:
Please continue to be faithful in your giving. Offerings may be placed in the mailbox at the church or please use this website for online giving. CashApp: $BereaTemple
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Summary of Berea Temple Church Debt as of April 11, 2021
SAM'S CREDIT CARD: $(5,302.03)
HOME DEPOT: $(436.18)
TOTAL DEBT: $(5,738.21)
Jesus on the Main Line:
Join a group of prayer warriors that pray every morning at 7:00 am to 8:00 am and afternoon at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Monday - Friday and every Friday night during "Prayer Express" at 8:00pm to 9:00 pm. Call (515) 604-9588 access code 690556#.
Press *6 to Mute and Unmute your phone.