December 7, 2019
Here at Berea Temple Communion becomes a special part of our service as we connect with God and each other! All our sins are forgiven which brings joy of praises as we worship with the heavenly hosts! Remember there is no fellowship meal prepared today so find someone to continue enjoying the celebration of Sabbath with over a meal.
Theme for the Month
Our theme for December is “Experiencing Christ through His Birth.”
Your pastor can be reached through calling (410) 669-6350 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. His office hours are from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays or you can schedule an appointment through the administrative assistant.
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member). Restroom Project Debt: $9,872. Church Budget Debt: $6,875. Total Debt: $16,747.
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Resumes March 2020. Please contact a Community Service team member for more outreach opportunities.
Regular worship service DVDs are $6. See Janice Mayfield for more details.
- Church Board Meeting: December 14, 2019 at sunset.
- Annual Music Celebration: December 21, 2019.
- Church Business Meeting: December 21, 2019 at sunset.
- Year-end Sabbath: December 28, 2019. All members are asked to be present as we close-out 2019.
- Restroom Renovations: Please continue to give towards this project!
- Assistance for Toni Smith: If you would like to donate or contribute to Toni’s study abroad program to Italy, you can do so by sending money via CashApp ($smithtoni16), PayPal, check, or cash when you see her.
- AEC & Church Websites: Please visit the church (bereatemple.org) and conference (visitaec.org) websites for important event and announcement updates.
Appreciation: We appreciate your kindness this year:
- In donating items to prepare kits for the homeless. We were able to give out over 200 kits in 2019!
- In donating over 50 blankets for the homeless.
Praise God for you, our church family! May your new year be blessed!
- AYS: Today at 3:30 p.m.
- BJANAA Skate Party: Sunday, December 29, 2019 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. at
1601 Pennsylvania Ave Baltimore, MD 21217. See flyer for more details.
- Sound Ministry Interest: Contact Deacon Haynes at (443) 845-8634 or email@example.com for more information.
- 2020 General Conference Session (June 25 – July 5) – Indianapolis, IN: Need a hotel room and/or transportation to and from the Baltimore area? If so, contact Deborah Robinson at (410) 241-4602 for hotel accommodations and Kecia Hitch at (410) 935-3221 for transportation.
Meetings & On-Going Events
Adventurers & Pathfinders: Every 2nd & 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Sabbath School Council: Every 1st Sabbath following worship service.
Ushers: Every 2nd Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Prayer Meeting - “Issues of the Heart”: Wednesdays at 12:00 & 7:00 p.m.
Deaconess/Deaconess-in-Training: Every 4th Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Community Services: Every 1st Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Community Services Homeless Visitation: Every 1st Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Women’s Ministries Meeting: Every 1st Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Men’s Meeting: Every 1st Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Fifty Plus Association: Every 1st Sunday at 11:00 a.m.