July 11, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR JULY 11, 2020(Put under the Announcements Tab on Website)
Welcome to Berea Temple, where this Sabbath, July 11, is our Youth Day. We thank the Lord for what He has done for us through our AEC Camp Meeting called “Your Vision, GOD’S Provision”. As we are back to our church services, may our God be praised!
- Community Service will have a food give-away on this coming Wednesday, July 15, at 1:00pm. Drive by and don’t get out of your vehicle. Someone will place the boxes in your automobile.
- The Men’s Ministry speakers schedule for July is:
- 12-Dr. Mark McCleary - 11:00am tomorrow
- 19-Dr. Ronnie Vanderhorst - 11:00am
- 28-Dr. MyRon Edmonds - 7:00pm
All men are encouraged to attend on Zoom. The Zoom Number is 746 7090 5783 and Passcode is 4nMnCJ.
- The family of Bro. Franklin Slye would like to thank all those who were at the service or by virtual viewing . The burial is on July 14th, at the Garrison Forest Veteran’s Cemetery, in Owings Mills, MD at 9:00 am.
- It is time for Message Magazine Subscription for $12.95 each. Call Sis. Clara Davis at (410) 521-2831 to make sure your subscription is counted to reach people’s home where you may or may not be able to enter, and also the businesses you are involved in, such as the doctor and dentist offices , etc.
- Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday from 7:00pm-8:00pm on Church Zoom. We are having wonderful time, and if you are missing out, you are missing an hour of blessings.
- Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
~Alease Gipson-pain and heath challenges
~Corinda Robins-sick and Antonio Robert- house fire
~Elder Alvin M. Kibble and his wife, Jewel- health challenges
~Amber Stackhouse- hip surgery
~Clara Davis-both ankles broken
~Elder Margaret Brown-health challenges
~Deacon Alfred and Gwen Whiting- health challenges
~Urcille And Cheryl Goddard-Sister of Cheryl passed
~Elder Ronald Edmonds-Sister passed in NC
~Bro. Franklin Slye Family- burial on July 14
- Keep our newly elected President of the North American Division of SDA in prayer-Dr. G. Alexander Bryant who was voted in this week.
- Don’t forget to fill out you census report. This helps to keep funds in your community.
- Voting is a must to get the right candidates in place after you listen to their concerns.
- Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
- Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember debt relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
- There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail in and drop off.
- Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways.
- Allegheny East Conference churches will remain closed until further notice by the AEC Administrators.
WORSHIP through Giving:
Please continue to be faithful in your giving. Offerings may be placed in the mailbox at the church or please use this website for online giving. CashApp: $BereaTemple
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
CREDIT CARDS: $13, 510.36
TOTAL DEBT: $28, 885.98
Jesus on the Main Line:
Capitol Hill Prayer Line 7am - 12pm - DAILY
(515)604-9588, Code: 690556.
Press *6 to Mute and Unmute your phone.
Weekly Health Tip:
Please click on our "Health & Wellness" tab above.
June: Men’s Health Month
The children look to their father for support and guidance; he needs to have a right conception of life and of the influences, (including health influences*), and associations that surround his family; above all, he should be controlled by the love and fear of God and by the teaching of His word, that he may guide the feet of his children in the right way. Ministry of Healing, p. 390 – E.G. White. (*added)
Fifty Plus Association
- The “No, Never Alone Club” sponsored by the Fifty Plus Association is inclusive of all age groups, nationalities and creeds and will replace our previous Sunday Evening Program due to an urgent cry for help. If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these issues: Rejection – Disconnection – Longing – Isolation - Loneliness or Social Failure - this program might be for you and them. The meeting is every Sunday at 8 pm. The call-in number is: 515-604-9094 Code. 167731808#- There is no cost to join this club.