January 18, 2020
Welcome to Berea Temple, where in order for this church to grow, we must believe and live out the theme for this month, which is “All in- Commitment”. As we praise our Lord and Savior today, may we be recommitted in this worship service. There is a fellowship after the divine service in the lower auditorium.
Thanks for those who came out to help unload supplies for the Berea Temple condo. They are John Sivels, Robert Noakes, Allen Ringgold, Richard LaBastide, Donald Givens, Robert Norton, Sr, Tyrone Watson, and Richard McGraw.
Theme for the Month
Our theme for January is “All In: Commitment.”
Your pastor can be reached through calling (410) 669-6350 or emailing email@example.com. His office hours are from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays or you can schedule an appointment through the administrative assistant.
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member). Restroom Project: ($13,000). Church Budget: ($0). Total Debt: ($13,000).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Resumes March 2020. Please contact a Community Service team member for more outreach opportunities.
Regular worship service DVDs are $6. See Janice Mayfield for more details.
- Elders’ & Bible Instructors Meeting: Today in the Cradle Roll classroom during the fellowship meal.
- Ministry Development Committee Meeting: Today at 2:30 p.m . We are asking the young adults to meet with us.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration: January 20, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. “Looking Back, Moving Forward” sponsored by the Baltimore & Extended Area Ministerium.
- Church Board Meeting: Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
- Restroom Renovations: Please continue to give towards this project!
- AEC & Church Websites: Please visit the church (bereatemple.org) and conference (visitaec.org) websites for important event and announcement updates.
- 2020 General Conference Session (June 25 – July 5) – Indianapolis, IN: Need a hotel room and/or transportation to and from the Baltimore area? If so, contact Deborah Robinson at (410) 241-4602 for hotel accommodations and Kecia Hitch at (410) 935-3221 for transportation.
Fifty Plus Association
- Friday Evening Bible & Health Study: Every Friday at 7:00 p.m. (EST); Dial-in number: (515) 604-9094 Access code: 167-731-808#
- Sight & Sound (Queen Esther): April 28, 2020. Departure Time: 8:00 a.m. Return Time: 8:00 p.m. Contact Gwen Whiting: (303) 622-2302 or Catherine Whitley (410) 542-5730 for ticket information.
- Homeless Ministry: In consideration for those who live on the street and have to endure inclement weather, Community Services will host a hat and glove drive for men. The items should be size large and the gloves insulated. A bin will be placed in the church lobby marked Homeless Ministry and we will collect items through February 1, 2020. Thank you in advance for your contributions.
- Healthy Wednesdays: Every Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. Come and learn God’s health plan for His people. Why are we required to be healthy? Did God give us a health blue print? Should the health of a Christian be different from an unbeliever? How can I use health as a witness? What should I cook today? And much more!
Men's Ministry Retreat
- Men's Ministry Retreat will be held at Pine Forge, April 3-5, 2020. Theme “Restoring Adam Reclaiming Cain”. Please contact Elder Ronald Edmonds for more information.
Youth & Young Adults
- AYS: Today at 4:00 p.m.
- Black History Program: We are looking for youth, young adults, and older adults to participate in a special Black History Month 2020 program. Characters and a narrator needed! Please see Lenora Twesigye for further information.
Meetings & On-Going Events
Adventurers & Pathfinders: Every 2nd & 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Sabbath School Council: Every 1st Sabbath following worship service.
Ushers: Every 2nd Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Prayer Meeting - “Issues of the Heart”: Wednesdays at 12:00 & 7:00 p.m.
Deaconess/Deaconess-in-Training: Every 4th Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Community Services: Every 1st Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Community Services Homeless Visitation: Every 1st Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Women’s Ministries Meeting: Every 1st Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Men’s Meeting: Every 1st Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Fifty Plus Association: Every 1st Sunday at 11:00 a.m.