May 15, 2021
Welcome to Berea Temple this Sabbath on Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook. God has blessed us to see the end of another week and today our minds should be giving God the Praise. As the Holy Spirit fills each one of us with God’s presence, let each of us stay faithful to our Savior.
- Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to share the service on Berea Temple Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Our Theme for 2021 is: “Trouble Won’t Last Forever”. The preaching topic for May is “Follow Jesus”.
- Ministries Development/Adult Ministries Training Workshop - will focus on “The Basics of Advocacy and Community Outreach”. Please get Registered, if you aren't already, and join us at 4:00 pm. Find the meeting link on Allegheny East Conference Website.
- Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday at 7:00pm on Berea Temple Zoom.
- The Music Ministry Committee will meet the first Sabbath of every month.
- Men Ministries Meeting is every month on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at 10:00am.
- The second Tuesday of each month, the Elders will meet at 7:00pm. (June 8)
- Treasury/Finance Meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm. (June 10)
- BJA Constituency Meeting is tomorrow, May 16, at 9:00am. It is Virtual. Please pray for our school. Those that have any questions, and are a delegate, we will meet today at 5:30pm to help you understand the meeting on Berea Temple Zoom.
- Church Board Meeting is May 16 at 11:30am on Berea Temple Zoom because of BJA Constituency Meeting.
- Pray for the Columbia Union Constituency Meeting as they elect leadership for the next five years on Sabbath evening, May 22, and Sunday, May 23. These meetings are Virtual.
- Communion is Virtual again on June 5, 2021.
- You can pick up your Communion Kits and Tithe Envelopes on Sunday, May 30, 9:00-11:00am. All Elders and Deacons will meet you outside the church on the Robert Street side. Do Not Get Out Of Your Car.
- Message Magazine Campaign-Our Annual Campaign for Message has arrived. The campaign began May 1, and will end August 7. This campaign is one of the greatest opportunities we have for outreach. Every member can be a part of, and play a significant role in reaching men and women for Jesus Christ. The covid-19 pandemic has greatly changed how the campaign will be conducted.
NO printed promotional materials will be sent to the church.
All information necessary for subscriptions can be accessed at:
See Sis. Clara Davis for your subscription of how many you will purchase. We still have a goal. Let’s go over 200 subscriptions again.
- The Berea Temple has a Virtual Survey for you to fill out today and submit it right away to help the leaders to understand church re-opening and to gather information for our church directory. Each person is asked to complete this survey. Just go to the church website and click on the link and follow the prompts. When finished, push Submit.
- The Berea Temple is looking forward to opening their doors for in-person church service on May 29 at the 11:30am service. Sabbath School will still be at 10:00am Virtual. Remember, if you have health issues, you are asked to stay on the Virtual Service. We will continue Virtual Service although some will be in-person.
- Last evening, (5/13/2021), Elder Fordham shared with the Executive Committee that due to his wife’s need to receive ongoing treatment, he desires to dedicate his undivided attention to her care. As such, he informed the committee that he would be taking leave using the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The anticipated time of leave is four weeks. The Executive Committee voted to affirm Elder Fordham’s leave; also recommending that this coming Wednesday, May 19th, be designated a day of prayer and fasting for the Fordham family and the healing of Sister Sharon Fordham specifically.
- Continue to check out AEC Website for all their Announcements.
- Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
- ~Clara, Carolyn, Pamela Davis - Health challenges and healing
- ~Elder Margaret Brown - Health challenges / surgery
- ~David and Janice Mayfield, Ross, and Johnson families for John Johnson Jr. - Health Challenges, and Nicole Ross-healing from Surgery on yesterday.
- ~Unell Dawson-Upcoming Surgery
- ~Diane (Annie) Baker- Health Challenges
- ~Leonora Twesigye - Healing from surgery
- ~Towanda Anderson’s Mother-Health Challenges
- ~Deacon Alfred Whiting-Health Challenges
- ~Lillian Edwards-leg burn
- ~Vicki Miles - Healing from surgery, she is home.
- ~Kathy Sumpter son, Corwin Miller – Healing
- ~Kenny Brown Jr. - Health Challenges and Healing from surgery
- ~William Love - Health Challenges
- ~Armada Grant family for special prayer on behalf of her grandson and her son, Jason
- ~Raymond and Doretha Bennett-Health Challenges
- ~Theodore Sauls - Healing from Surgery
- ~Joyce Pearson - Health Challenges
- ~Dorothy Walker - in hospital now, and will transfer to Nursing Rehabilitation Center.
- ~Amber Stackhouse-Special Prayer for her and her family.
- ~Saundra Washington and Alevia Nance - for their brother Jeffrey Welch Some challenges and Needs special prayer. Also, Jimmy Washington is home from the hospital.
- Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
- Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember Debt Relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
- There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail In and Drop Off.
- Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Allegheny East Conference churches will remain closed until further notice by the AEC Administrators. They are working out ways of re-entering our churches. If you have health challenges, you may want to continue to use a device to view our services. All of the PPE Supplies have arrived. We are just waiting for the churches to open. Be patient. It is for our protection.
- BEREA TEMPLE WELCOME:
Covid-19 Vaccination Information (MARYLAND): Visit https://coronavirus.maryland.
gov/pages/vaccine for information regarding eligibility and vaccine resources.
WORSHIP through Giving:
Please continue to be faithful in your giving. Offerings may be placed in the mailbox at the church or please use this website for online giving. CashApp: $BereaTemple
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Summary of Berea Temple Church Debt as of April 11, 2021
SAM'S CREDIT CARD: $(5,302.03)
HOME DEPOT: $(436.18)
TOTAL DEBT: $(5,738.21)
Jesus on the Main Line:
Join a group of prayer warriors that pray every morning at 7:00 am to 8:00 am and afternoon at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Monday - Friday and every Friday night during "Prayer Express" at 8:00pm to 9:00 pm. Call (515) 604-9588 access code 690556#.
Press *6 to Mute and Unmute your phone.