Baltimore Junior Academy
National Alumni Association
October 12, 2019
Guest Speaker: Pastor Earl Blackwell, Sr.,
Southwest Philadelphia Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcome from our Pastor: Maurice N. Taylor:
What a blessing it is to support Baltimore Junior Academy, a Christian school that is 104 years old! Let us praise God as He has brought us through difficult and great times with our school. Enjoy this worship experience as we think about the past, present, and future of our school. There is a fellowship meal prepared in the lower auditorium following the worship service.
- Appreciation: Thanks to all that helped work on our church’s condo this past week! What a blessing to get so much done!
- Elders & Bible Instructors’ Meeting: Today in the Cradle Room classroom during the fellowship meal.
- Church Board Meeting: Tonight at sunset.
- Restroom Renovations: Begins tomorrow, October 13, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Please join us and help with the demolition.
- Special Prayer: We regret to announce the passing of Monuette Thomas. Please keep her family in prayer especially her son, Joshua Thomas and her cousin, Laressa Reid. More information will be provided regarding service arrangements.
- Church & AEC Websites: Be sure to visit the church website (bereatemple.org) and the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) for upcoming events.
- Youth Bible Studies (ages 7-18): Parents, please be sure to bring your children to their designated classes following the fellowship meal.
- BEAM Pastoral Installation (Harrisburg/York): October 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. at Hillside SDA Church (1300 Herr St, Harrisburg, PA 17103).
Fifty Plus Association
- Friday Evening Bible & Health Study: Every Friday at 8:00 p.m. (EST) Dial-in number: (515) 604-9094 Access code: 167-731-808#
- Fifty Plus Day: November 2, 2019. Guest Speaker: Elder Marcellus Robinson. Colors: All black with orange corsages, ties, and boutonnieres.
- Paint Party: November 3, 2019 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. A professional artist instructs how to paint your very own oil painting. Be creative while socializing with friends and family! A $35 fee includes a canvas, paints, food, and fun! Sponsored by Community Services & the Fifty Plus Association.
- End of the Year Banquet: Monday, December 30, 2019 from 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. at Martin’s Valley Mansion. Ages 16+ are invited to attend.
Attire: Semi-formal to formal. Price: $70.00.
- Canned Good of the Month: The October item is Stuffing Mix. We ask that each member bring in 2-3 of the featured item(s) during the appropriate month(s), placing the items in the labeled container in the vestibule. The items will be given away during the Thanksgiving season. Thank you! God bless you!
- Personal Care Kits for the Homeless: Place donations of adult white socks, deodorant, hand sanitizer, and mouth wash in the designated bin in the lobby.
Youth Bible Studies (ages 7-18): Parents, please be sure to bring your children to their designated classes following the fellowship meal.
- Sound Ministry Interest: Contact Deacon Haynes at (443) 845-8634 or email@example.com for more information.
- Baltimore Junior Academy Sponsors: If you are interested in sponsoring a child to go to BJA, contact Felicia Moton, Robert Norton, or Jane Cox.
- AEC 3-Way Scholarship: This is open to AEC members attending PFA, OU, or WAU. Visit www.visitaec.org/education or contact Cynthia Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 326-4610, ext.311. Deadline: November 1, 2019.
- 2020 General Conference Session – Indianapolis, IN: Need a hotel room and/or transportation to and from the Baltimore area? If so, contact Deborah Robinson at (410) 241-4602 for hotel accommodations and Kecia Hitch at (410) 935-3221 for transportation.
Meetings & On-Going Events
Adventurers: Every 2nd & 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Pathfinders: Every 2nd & 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Sabbath School Council: Every 1st Sabbath following worship service.
Ushers: Every 2nd Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Prayer Meeting - "Issues of the Heart" : Resumes on October 2, 2019.
Deaconess/Deaconess-in-Training: Every 4th Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Community Services: Every 1st Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Community Services Homeless Visitation: Every 1st Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Women’s Ministries Meeting: Every 1st Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Men’s Meeting: Every 1st Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Fifty Plus Association: Every 1st Sunday at 11:00 a.m.