January 22, 2022
Welcome to Berea Temple this Sabbath on Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook for another Blessed Sabbath Day. God has blessed us to see the end of another week and today our minds should be giving God the Praise. As the Holy Spirit fills each one of us with God’s presence, let each of us stay faithful to our Savior. Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to share the service on Berea Temple Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook.
• Our Theme for 2022 is: “Moving Forward to the Promise Land/Each One Reach One”. The preaching topic for January is “Marching Orders.”
• The Berea Temple Church Service is Virtual Only. We will use the Phone Tree to let you know when we will go back in person or on Sabbath, and notify you at least a week before. Due to the Omicron Virus and the various sicknesses on many members and families in many churches, this is what the Allegheny East Conference asked us to do.
• Thanks to all who attended the Baltimore Extended Area Ministerium Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration-You really missed it. You can see it on Berea Temple SDA YouTube Channel.
• Allegheny East and Lake Region Conferences is hosting a Virtual Ministries Fair today, January 22, 2022-4:00pm EST. Kindly use this link to register in advance for the webinar: 2022 Ministries Fair.
• BEAM Elders Preaching Seminar, January 23, 2022 at 10:00 am.
• An exciting journey awaits you this year starting with goal setting. Here’s your chance: nothing to lose and everything to gain. if you do not have a journal let us know. The first step to transformation of your life; to see the before and after is to write the 12 things you would like to achieve in 2022 no matter your current shape, age, financial and physical health. Use the journal now to write 12 personal or family goals. Be a member of Berea Temple on the move in 2022.
• The Healthy Church Healthy Community Initiative (HC2) is still looking for volunteers to conduct Blood pressure, Blood sugar screening, and weight/BMI. The dates are Sabbath, February 19, and March 19, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm in the Church Fellowship Hall. January has been postponed. To register, please contact the church office-(410) 669-6350. The objective of January 15 and the other dates is to use the information we receive to help each one with decisions or choices about your diet, exercise, personal relationships, stress, and other lifestyle habits during January-December 2022. We want to prevent avoidable illness and health related costs. In addition, our bodies are His temple and we want to maintain it to bring Him glory. Thanks for providing an opportunity to start the New Year by getting screened.
• WANTED: Active and Retired Teachers/Educators, Scientists, Engineers, Mathematicians, and Musicians to provide volunteer tutoring at an Elementary/Middle School in Baltimore for 1 hour, a few times monthly, for students needing help in mastering their subjects. Transportation to and from the school can be provided if needed. This project is sponsored by the Brinklow/Berea Temple West Baltimore Intervention Team.
• Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday at 7:00pm on Berea Temple Zoom.
• The Music Ministry Committee – 1st Sabbath of every month on Berea Temple Zoom.
• The Music Committee invites you to Study Worship-Exploring Worship by Bob Sorge. The meeting is scheduled for the 1st Friday of every month on their Zoom-Meeting ID: 461 544 3550 and Passcode: BTMM2021.
• Community Service Meeting is the 1st Sunday of every month on their Zoom at 9:00am.
• Men Ministries Meeting is every month on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at 10:00am.
• Elders Meeting is the second Tuesday of each month.
• Treasury/Finance Meeting is the 2nd Thursday this month at 6:00pm.
• Berea Temple Board Meeting is January 16, 2022 on Berea Zoom at 10:00am. Each ministry should bring their goals, objectives, and budgets.
• ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS/VIDEOS for Church Service, ETC, must be submitted by Tuesday, 8:30pm in order for it to be included on the upcoming Sabbath. No Exceptions. Thank You.
• Continue to check out AEC Website for all their Announcements.
• Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
• ~Clara, Carolyn, Pamela Davis - Health Challenges
• ~Elder Margaret Brown - Health Challenges
• ~David and Janice Mayfield, Ross, and Johnson families for John Johnson Jr. - Health Challenges
• ~Unell Dawson - Health Challenges
• ~Diane (Annie) Baker - Health Challenges
• ~Towanda Anderson’s Mother-Health Challenges
• ~Eric Anderson’s Cousin-Health Challenges
• ~Deacon Alfred Whiting-Health Challenges
• ~Kathy Sumpter son, Corwin Miller – Health Challenges
• ~Kenny Brown Jr. - Health Challenges and Healing from surgery
• ~William Love - Health Challenges
• ~Raymond and Doretha Bennett-Health Challenges
• ~Theodore Sauls - Health Challenges
• ~Joyce Pearson - Health Challenges
• ~Vicki Miles - Health Challenges
• ~Lillian Edwards - Health Challenges
• ~Jane Cox and Family - Health Challenges/In The Hospital
• ~Denise Smith - Health Challenges
• ~Armada Grant family for special prayer on behalf of her grandson and her son, Jason
• ~Dorothy Walker - Health Challenges
• ~Joyce Brown - Health Challengers
• ~Timothy Golder - Health Challengers
• ~Arlene Campbell - Healing from Surgery
• ~Gwendolyn Witherspoon-Health Challenges
• ~Elder Glenn Edwards Son and Nephew – Health Challenges
• ~Edith Brooks and Family – Health Challenges
• ~Amber Stackhouse-Special Prayer for her and her family, and especially her mother, Betsy Bracey.
• ~Chelsea Nance
• ~Jasmine Davis and Jerrell Davis
• ~All New Baptized Members
• ~Keep Eric and Towanda Anderson and Family in the loss of their grandmother.
• ~Keep Raymond and Doretha Bennett family in prayer in the loss of their son, Anthony Bonner Sr.
Wylie Funeral Home
9200 Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD 21133
Tuesday, January 25, 2022-5:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Funeral Service (Wylie Funeral Home)-It will be Livestreamed-https://wyliefh.com/YouTube Live-Baltimore County
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Wake: 11:30 a.m. Funeral: 12:00 p.m.
• ~Keep the family of Camilla Cassell in prayer in her passing.
Public Viewing (masks are required):
Vaughn Greene Funeral Home
8728 Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD 21133
Thursday, January 27, 2022-5:00-7:00 p.m.
Funeral Service (masks are required):
Berea Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church
1901 Madison Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217
Friday, January 28, 2022
Wake: 10:30 a.m. Funeral: 11:00 a.m.
• ~Keep the Mayfield, Johnson, and Ross Family in prayer in the passing of their brother and uncle, John Johnson Jr.-Arrangements will be forthcoming.
• ~Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference Website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
• Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
• Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember Debt Relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
• There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail In and Drop Off.
• Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.