February 22, 2020
Welcome to Berea Temple where we believe in the Entire Bible, and that All Praise belongs to God. May you enjoy this Sabbath experience as we praise our God in the worship service today. Remember, there is a fellowship meal after Divine Service today in the lower auditorium.
Theme for the Month
Our theme for February is “All In: Know Your History.”
Your pastor can be reached through calling (410) 669-6350 or emailing email@example.com. His office hours are from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays or you can schedule an appointment through the administrative assistant.
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member). Restroom Project: ($13,000). Church Budget: ($0). Total Debt: ($13,000).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Resumes March 2020. Please contact a Community Service team member for more outreach opportunities.
Regular worship service DVDs are $6. See Janice Mayfield for more details.
- On the fifth Sabbath this month, February 29, 2020, we will have a guest speaker as well as a fellowship meal. Please stay by for the service and the fellowship.
- Elders and Bible Instructors: There is a meeting today in the Cradle Roll Classroom once you get your food.
- Ministry Development Committee: Today at 2:30 pm in the Cradle Roll Classroom.
- Food Committee: Will meet the 3rd Sabbath at 2:00 pm in the Cradle Roll Classroom.
- Officers Training: March 8, 2020-All Officers and Assistants please plan to be there.
- UNITY DAY: March 28, 2020 here at the church.
- Restroom Renovations: Please continue to give towards this project!
- AEC & Church Websites: Please visit the church (bereatemple.org) and conference (visitaec.org) websites for important event and announcement updates.
- 2020 General Conference Session (June 25 – July 5) – Indianapolis, IN: Need a hotel room and/or transportation to and from the Baltimore area? If so, contact Deborah Robinson at (410) 241-4602 for hotel accommodations and Kecia Hitch at (410) 935-3221 for transportation.
Fifty Plus Association
- The “No, Never Alone Club” sponsored by the Fifty Plus Association is inclusive of all age groups, nationalities and creeds and will replace our previous Sunday Evening Program due to an urgent cry for help. If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these issues: Rejection – Disconnection – Longing – Isolation - Loneliness or Social Failure - this program might be for you and them. The meeting is every Sunday at 8 pm. The call-in number is: 515-604-9094 Code. 167731808#- There is no cost to join this club.
- Youth & Young Adults
- AYS: Today at 4:30 p.m.
- Black History Program: We are looking for youth, young adults, and older adults to participate in a special Black History Month 2020 program. Characters and a narrator needed! Please see Lenora Twesigye for further information.
- Healthy Wednesdays: Every Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. Come and learn God’s health plan for His people. Why are we required to be healthy? Did God give us a health blue print? Should the health of a Christian be different from an unbeliever? How can I use health as a witness? What should I cook today? And much more!
Men's Ministry Retreat
- Men's Ministry Retreat will be held at Pine Forge, April 3-5, 2020. Theme “Restoring Adam Reclaiming Cain”. Please contact Elder Ronald Edmonds for more information.
Notice: I would like to thank my Pastor and church family for the many prayers, visits, phone calls and well wishes extended to me during the past year. It’s been a long journey, and it’s not over yet, but God has been so faithful through it all!! May He bless each of you. I love you!!!
Elder Margaret Brown
Meetings & On-Going Events
Adventurers & Pathfinders: Every 2nd & 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Sabbath School Council: Every 1st Sabbath following worship service.
Ushers: Every 2nd Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Prayer Meeting - “Issues of the Heart”: Wednesdays at 12:00 & 7:00 p.m.
Deaconess/Deaconess-in-Training: Every 4th Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Community Services: Every 1st Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
Community Services Homeless Visitation: Every 1st Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Women’s Ministries Meeting: Every 1st Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Men’s Meeting: Every 1st Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Fifty Plus Association: Every 1st Sunday at 11:00 a.m.