February 20, 2021
Welcome to Berea Temple, another Sabbath in 2021 on Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook. God has blessed us to see the end of another week and today our minds should be giving God the Praise. As the Holy Spirit fills each one of us with God’s presence, let each of us stay faithful to our Savior.
- Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to share the service on Berea Temple Zoom, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Our Theme for 2021 is: “Trouble Won’t Last Forever”. The preaching topic for February is “Know Your Past”.
- Elder Parris H. Mitchell Sr.: Memorial Service is Today, February 20, 2021- 4:00pm -Virtual: www.uicsda.org.
- Ministries Development & Personal Ministries Training Workshop - today from 4:00pm. You can find the meeting link on Allegheny East Website. Make sure you REGISTER. This week is on “Building Relationships of Healing with Families Impacted by Crime and Mass Incarceration”.
- Board Meeting - Sabbath Evening, February 20, tonight, at Sunset.
- Tithes and Offering Receipts and your 2021 Church Calendars are available for pick up on Sunday from 8:30-10:00am.
- Pick up your Communion Set tomorrow, Sunday, February 21, 8:30-9:30am. Drive by the church and the Elders and Deacons will give you the sets you need.
- AEC Virtual Town Hall with the three Administrators – Sunday, February 21, at 10:00am. Tune in to “Visit AEC.org”
- Online Officers Training -February 21 at 1:00pm for the following ministries: Adventist Community Services, Communication/Media, Deacons/Deaconesses, Elders, Education, Relationship Ministries, Public Affairs & Religious Liberty, Ministries Development-Sabbath School-Disabilities-Personal and Prison Ministries, Stewardship, Treasurers, Women’s Ministries, and Youth Leaders. Register at “Visit AEC.org”
- WEDDING: Donald Robinson Jr. and Roshell Weatherless-Stroble, son of Donald and Deborah Robinson Sr-Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:30pm via Zoom. Meeting ID: 8679304275. The link is on the Church Website.
- Community Service Giveaway on Friday, February 26, at 12 Noon. When you pick up your supplies, bring a blanket for the homeless. A bonus is that each person who comes will get a bag snack lunch while supplies last.
- Communion is scheduled for March 6 during Divine Service.
- Unity Day is scheduled for Friday evening, March 26 at 7:00pm and on Sabbath afternoon, March 27, at 4:00pm. Regular church service will be held at your church on that morning.
- Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday at 7:00pm on Berea Temple Zoom.
- The Music Ministry Committee will meet the first Sabbath of every month.
- The second Tuesday of each month, the Elders will meet at 6:00pm.
- Treasury/Finance Meeting is the third Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm.
- Allegheny East Conference Schools are having their Black History Program on February 25th at 6:30pm. Go to the AEC Website for the link-Streaming on YouTube-AEC Media Ministries and
- Continue to check out AEC Website for all their Announcements.
- Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
- ~Corinda Robins - Health challenges
- ~Clara, Carolyn, Pamela Davis - Health challenges and healing
- ~Elder Margaret Brown - Health challenges / surgery
- ~David and Janice Mayfield, Ross, and Johnson families for John Johnson Jr. - and also David Mayfield Jr - Health Challenges
- ~ Diane (Annie) Baker- Health challenges
- ~Vicki Miles - Healing from surgery, she is home.
- ~Kathy Sumpter son, Corwin Miller - Healing
- ~Nita Norton - Health challenges and upcoming surgery
- ~William Love - Health Challenges
- ~Armada Grant family for special prayer on behalf of her grandson and her son, Jason
- ~Raymond and Doretha Bennett-Health Challenges
- ~Theodore Sauls - Healing from Surgery
- ~Joyce Pearson - Health Challenges/Healing from fall
- ~Dorothy Walker - in hospital now, and will transfer to Nursing Rehabilitation Center
- ~Saundra Washington and Alevia Nance - for their brother Jeffrey Welch Some challenges and Needs special prayer.
- ~Beverly Mitchell - passing of her brother, Elder Parris Mitchell – Funeral Service(Today)
- ~Juanda Phipps - passing of her husband, Pastor St. Clare Phipps on Thursday February 11. Please go to YouTube for a Virtual Tribute to the Life of Pastor St. Clare Phipps on Sunday, February 21st at 1:00 p.m. EST. A celebration of life is at Palm Bay SDA church on YouTube “www.YouTube./iYmCiFO12Tc”
- ~From Justin Stanley Family: To the Berea Temple Family, Justin and I grew up in Berea. Our foundation was built there at early ages. We, his family, are so appreciative of the love and kindness shown to us in our hour of bereavement. Thank you for your kindness, and sympathy at a time when it is greatly appreciated. We are forever grateful. Love, Shelton and Chrissy Stanley and Minnie and Keith Smith.
- ~Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
- Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember Debt Relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
- There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail In and Drop Off.
- Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Allegheny East Conference churches will remain closed until further notice by the AEC Administrators. They are working out ways of re-entering our churches. If you have health challenges, you may want to continue to use a device to view our services. All of the PPE Supplies have arrived. We are just waiting for the churches to open. Be patient. It is for our protection.
- BEREA TEMPLE WELCOME:
Covid-19 Vaccination Information (MARYLAND): Visit https://coronavirus.maryland.
gov/pages/vaccine for information regarding eligibility and vaccine resources.
WORSHIP through Giving:
Please continue to be faithful in your giving. Offerings may be placed in the mailbox at the church or please use this website for online giving. CashApp: $BereaTemple
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
Summary of Berea Temple Church Debt as of January 15, 2021
1. Church Restroom: $ 0.00
2. Sam's Credit Card: $ (500.00)
3. Home Depot Card: $ (500.00)
4. Condo Units: $ (4,276.84)
TOTAL DEBT: $(4,376.84))
Jesus on the Main Line:
Capitol Hill Prayer Line 7am - 12pm - DAILY
(515)604-9588, Code: 690556.
Press *6 to Mute and Unmute your phone.
Fifty Plus Association
- The “No, Never Alone Club” sponsored by the Fifty Plus Association is inclusive of all age groups, nationalities and creeds and will replace our previous Sunday Evening Program due to an urgent cry for help. If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these issues: Rejection – Disconnection – Longing – Isolation - Loneliness or Social Failure - this program might be for you and them. The meeting is every Sunday at 8 pm. The call-in number is: 515-604-9094 Code. 167731808#- There is no cost to join this club.