August 1, 2020
Welcome to Berea Temple, on this Sabbath, where August is telling us that summer is winding down. God is still worthy to be praised as we worship our Divine Maker, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior on His Sabbath. Let each one of us join with the angels to praise our Heavenly Father in this worship service today on Zoom.
- AYS Today
- The Baltimore Junior Academy is currently hiring for the following position: Business Manager and a Classroom Teacher (3 & 4 grades). Any individuals interested in applying for either of the above positions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- It is time for Message Magazine Subscription for $12.95 each. Call Sis. Clara Davis at (410) 521-2831 to make sure your subscription is counted to reach people’s home where you may or may not be able to enter, and also the businesses you are involved in, such as the doctor and dentist offices , etc.
- Prayer Meeting is every Wednesday from 7:00pm-8:00pm on Church Zoom. We are having a wonderful time, and if you are missing out, you are missing an hour of blessings.
- Keep our sick members and friends, and those who have lost love ones in prayer. Those we have so far are:
~Alease Gipson-pain and heath challenges
~Corinda Robins-sick and Antonio Robert-house fire
~Elder Alvin M. Kibble and his wife, Jewel-health challenges
~Amber Stackhouse-hip surgery
~Clara Davis-both ankles broken
~Carolyn Davis-healing strength to walk and from pain
~Pamela Davis-strength and healing
~Elder Margaret Brown-health challenges
~Deacon Alfred and Gwen Whiting-health challenges
~Unell Dawson-home from surgery
~Christian Johnson, Janice Mayfield’s nephew- healing/health challenges
~ Shaneel Myles Sister- COVID-19
- Lynnette Edwards-Praise- No COVID-19
~ Darryl Alexander and Valerie Baynard- Health challenges
~Anna Timpson-Health challenges
~All those that lost loved ones during the coronavirus.
- Don’t forget to fill out you census report. This helps to keep funds in your community.
- Voting is a must to get the right candidates in place after you listen to their concerns. The link to receive the Mail-In Ballot for Maryland to Vote By Mail is(COPY LINK and PASTE to Browser): https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/VoterType
- Don’t forget to use the Allegheny East Conference website (visitaec.org) to receive information from the conference.
- Remember to do your corporate prayer each day at 12:00 noon and another prayer 3 times a day for healing from this coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to be faithful each week in our giving of tithes (Conference Funds) and Offering (local church funds) which is the combined budget. Then if you want to give extra, remember debt relief, Sabbath School, Prayer Meeting, and Thank Offering, etc.
- There are four ways to give in this church: Berea Temple CashApp, Adventist Online Giving, Mail in and drop off.
- Continue to pray for those who are on the front lines or first responders during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Don’t forget this is a great opportunity to witness, so make the best of it with creative ways. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to share the service on Berea Temple Zoom.
- Allegheny East Conference churches will remain closed until further notice by the AEC Administrators.
WORSHIP through Giving:
Please continue to be faithful in your giving. Offerings may be placed in the mailbox at the church or please use this website for online giving. CashApp: $BereaTemple
Let us continue to be faithful in tithes (10%), offering (5%), and our conference goal ($100/member).
This initiative is to increase baptisms by 5% and increase tithe by 5% over the next 5 years. Let us be diligent in all we do for Christ!
CREDIT CARDS: $13, 510.36
TOTAL DEBT: $28, 885.98
Jesus on the Main Line:
Capitol Hill Prayer Line 7am - 12pm - DAILY
(515)604-9588, Code: 690556.
Press *6 to Mute and Unmute your phone.
Weekly Health Tip:
Please click on our "Health & Wellness" tab above.
08/01/20: Avoid processed junk food. Processed junk food is extremely unhealthy. They provide mostly empty calories; they have been engineered to trigger your pleasure centers/tricking your brain into overeating – even promoting food addiction in some people. So if and when you snack, snack on real food instead: such as celery or carrot sticks with a nut butter (e.g. – cashew butter or almond butter), mixed nuts (a small handful) or seeds, one serving of fresh fruit or fresh fruit slices with nut butter or non-dairy cheese, red bell pepper with guacamole, kale chips, cucumber slices with hummus, dried unsweetened coconut, or a snack from yesterday’s nutritious lunch or dinner.
Fifty Plus Association
- The “No, Never Alone Club” sponsored by the Fifty Plus Association is inclusive of all age groups, nationalities and creeds and will replace our previous Sunday Evening Program due to an urgent cry for help. If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these issues: Rejection – Disconnection – Longing – Isolation - Loneliness or Social Failure - this program might be for you and them. The meeting is every Sunday at 8 pm. The call-in number is: 515-604-9094 Code. 167731808#- There is no cost to join this club.